BOH Dept. Head
Job OverviewResponsible for the preparation and/or cooking of food by following company-directed specifications and by performing the following duties:
- Ensures all materials and supplies are available.
- Sets up station according to established guidelines and requirements to ensure guest safety.
- Ensures that all foods are prepared according to established recipes and plating guidelines, including product quality and cook time standards.
- Coordinates food orders to ensure timely and efficient delivery to each table.
- Executes designated preparation and/or line stations without support under normal conditions.
- Meets special guest requests while providing same quality standards.
- Maintains a clean appearance and work station and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness, including cleaning all station equipment (flat tops, grills, storage drawers, etc.) at the end of each shift.
- Maintains safety standards while using knives and other food preparation equipment.
- Restocks and/or breaks down work station at the conclusion of the shift.
- Stocks all stations as directed and cleans/closes all stations as directed.
- Cross-trains on all line, prep, and dish stations and assists those co-workers when needed to meet guest satisfaction.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.